Sunday 19 January 2014

Lakmé Nine to Five Intense Shine Eyeliner Review

Kajal is synonyms with the Indian woman. 90% of all my girlfriends won't even step out of the house without some kajal on. But I'm more of an eyeliner girl. Maybe because my eyes make sure that anything I wear on my waterline won't last for more than 5 seconds. Or maybe because I feel eyeliners look great on me. Whatever it is, you'll see me wearing eyeliners way more often than kajals. This particular eyeliner was my very first, and was a gift from a friend. The gorgeous and sleek little tube instantly impressed me and I couldn't wait to try it on.
 
What Lakmé Claims: Rich, intense colour in one stroke that stays true for hours. Create smoldering eyes with bold shades that redefine the look of liquid eyeliner.




Price: Rs. 245 for 4.5 ml
Shades: Available in Black, Smoky Grey, Olive and Brown colours

Shelf Life: 30 months

The eyeliner comes in a gorgeous glass tube which is sleek and very easy to carry around. The colour I have is Smoky Grey. However, I found it looking more like deep blue when applied. It also has some shine (Duh; the name is intense shine!). Personally, I prefer non-shiny makeup; but the shine was not too much to bother me. It's the kind of liner that could be worn for a night out in the evening - the shimmer adding some oomph; but it could also be worn during the day to work and would still look classy and not too dressy. 
 
I applied it only to my upper lids. The wand is the perfect size and makes it very easy to apply. The texture of the liner is just right. It took just a few seconds to dry and a single coat was enough to get the promised smouldering eyes. Once dry, it stayed on for a good 12 hours (I didn't keep it on for longer but if I had, I'm pretty sure it would have still stayed perfectly intact.) without smudging or fading even the slightest bit. Taking it off isn't too difficult either, any good cleanser will work. Needless to say, I was jumping for joy!

To Summarize:
Pros:
  • Very affordable
  • Pretty packaging; and very convenient to carry
  • Great shelf life
  • Very easy to apply
  • Perfect texture
  • Dries quickly
  • Only a single coat is required
  • Doesn't smudge or fade
  • Extremely long lasting
  • Easy to remove

Cons:
  • No ingredients mentioned

My Verdict: 9.5/10

Will I purchase it again? Stupid question. Of course I will! Maybe this time I will buy black or brown though; when it comes to eyeliners and eye pencils and kajals, I tend to stick with classics. But it you're more of an experimenter, you can try the other shades as well (and do let me know how they work out for you) - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )