Thursday 3 July 2014

Ponds pure white Deep Cleansing Facial Foam: Review

Rs. 90 for 50g

Shelf Life: 2 years 

Ponds - "Ponds introduces new skin cleansing philosophy: Black attracts Black! Ponds Pure White Facial Foam is formulated with Activated Carbon. This face wash with 'Black' Activated Carbon helps absorb and lift away the 'Black" dirt and impurities from skin surface and deep within pores, helping to reduce the causes of blemish to help reveal your natural pure white looking skin."

Ok, so I've been AWOL for quite a while. I've been travelling non stop - to Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Trivandrum. If only it weren't for work, I'd be having the time of my life. Now that I'm back, I'm going to make up for what I miss in terms of beautiful scenery, with more beauty-related reviews. Does that even make sense?

 I've been wanting to try this face wash for a long time. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the thought of clear blemish free skin. Maybe I was super fascinated with the swirling black ball absorbing all the black 'impurities'. Either way, I was super excited to try it.
Here's what I liked about it:


  • It's a foaming face wash (Duh!). It gives that perfect squeaky clean feeling.
  • It cleanses extremely well. After using my regular oil-based cleanser; I use this face wash and see all remaining traces of makeup come off. Kinda like the swirling ball in the ad.
  • Though I haven't yet noticed my skin turning instantly blemish-free; after seeing how well it removes makeup/dirt/impurities from my face, I think it might work for impurities hiding within pores as well.
  • It removes excess oil as well, so it's a good face wash for the summers.

Here's why it's not my HG (Holy Grail) face wash:

  • It can't be used daily as it strips the face of not only dirt and impurities, but also oil. Normally, I would have jumped on hearing this; but after using it for two consecutive days only (one wash per day), I found the skin between my fingers turning white and dry. Even my facial skin started feeling stripped of all moisture after a point.
  • It's also kind of hard to open the flip cap. It's silly really, but I always struggle with it. But that will probably make it travel-friendly.
  • Obviously, it won't work well on dry skin; even in summers.

My Verdict: 7/10
Will I repurchase it? I think so. It's definitely not an everyday face wash. I use it once a week (like a scrub) to get rid of "difficult" impurities. I'd recommend it for oily-combination skin. Dry-skinned ladies should stay away.


More Details:
Ingredients: Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Water, Propylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Palmtic  Acid & Stearic Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Lauric Acid, Glycol Distearate, Glceryl Stearate, Polyquaternium-7, DMDM Hydantoin & Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Niacinamide, Charcoal Powder, Carbon, Perfume, Disodium EDTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )