Friday 4 July 2014

Colorama cintilante perolado Prata & cremoso intenso Amanhecer: Review

Rs. 100 for 8 ml

Shelf Life: 1 year

I'm not much of a nail polish person (This is the last time I'm starting a post like that, I swear!). Why? Because it's too much of a hassle. Applying on my right hand's nails is still a bit of a task for me. Waiting for it so dry is another. And chipped paint looks so ugh! But who's going to have the patience to remove it and re-apply? In short, if you're lazy like me, your nails will most probably be bare for 11 out of 12 months in the year (I know - shocking!). So naturally, I don't purchase nail paints very often either. The same goes with these. I got them as a freebie along with my purchases in Bangalore. Actually I was supposed to pick one; but I was soooo in awe of these 2 pretty colours (with an expression very similar to puss-in-boots below), that the attendant quietly slipped me both with a mischievous wink :D
Source: hqdesktop.net
There's not much written on the bottle (that I can read and understand at least!); ingredients included. This brand is marketed by Maybelline/L'Oreal. I took the liberty of renaming the shades (as I have no idea how to pronounce these):





 Colorama cintilante perolado Prata (pretty baby pink):
 What's good:
  • The colour - it's a super pretty princess-y pink. Love!
  • The finish - it's got a nice glossy finish which adds to the prettiness!
  • The texture -  it's super easy to apply!
 


















What's not:
  •  It's very liquid. Which means it's very sheer when only one coat is applied (I'm wearing 2 coats in the pictures). And two coats means twice the time to dry *sob*.
  • Tip wear starts from Day 1. And within 3 days, it starts chipping. By Day 4-5 it's unwearable.
  • The glossiness starts fading and slowly disappears as the days pass.
  • Because of it's liquid-y nature, more of it gets used up in order to make the colour show. Which means it gets over pretty quick (Though for those who love rocking different colours everyday and get bored easily; I'm sure this will be more of a plus point. And with a shelf life of 1 year...). For Rs. 100, they could have come up with slightly thicker nail polishes. Maybelline's ColorShow is anyday better!
My Verdict: 7.5/10 (Only for the pretty colour)

Will I repurchase? Probably not. Mostly because I'm sure I'll find a similar shade with a not-so-runny consistency. I don't love the shade enough to go through the 2-coat trouble (I know - the heights of laziness :D ).
 














 Colorama cremoso intenso Amanhecer (Pearly Metallic White):
What's great:
  • The colour - I love love love this shade!! There's something just so pretty and pearly about it.
  • The finish - The finish is very glossy and metallic. It looks white in the bottle (and in the pictures), but it's actually got a very shiny finish which I absolutely adore.
  • It's a shade which will suit all skin shades.
  • Unlike it's pink sister, the glossiness of this colour stays intact. 
  • It's not as thin as the baby pink one. But then that's like calling the one-eyed king among the blind; you know?
What's not:
  • This one's sheer too. I've applied only 1 coat in the pictures above; and you can see how see through it is. I got away with 1 coat because it still looks pretty nevertheless.
  • Because I went with only 1 coat, I noticed that not only tip wear, but slight chipping also started from Day 1. By Day 3, there were tiny nail marks all over, and it looked positively shabby to wear. What a disappointment!
My Verdict: 9/10 (out of sheer love for the colour.)

Will I repurchase? I couldn't stop staring at my nails for 3 days straight. So it's a definite yes. That is, until I come across this shade somewhere else with a better consistency and a comparable price. Or if Colorama is reading this post and takes heed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )