Sunday 25 May 2014

Lotus Herbals Neemwash Neem and Clove Ultra-Purifying Face Wash: Review

 Rs. 160 for 120 g

Shelf Life: 3 years


Lotus - "Neemwash is described as an innovative premium face wash which uses the goodness of Neem and Clove. It contains active neem slices and neem extract which provides excellent anti bacterial protection to skin. It helps in curing acne, blemishes, or eczema prone skin.
Active Herbal Ingredient - Neem: A universal anti-septic & well known for anti-bacterial properties, helps in controlling pimples, removes excess surface oils, dirt and pollutants.
Clove: It is effective against acne & bruises."

A good Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing routine is essential for healthy skin. Over the next few posts, I will be sharing the (Lotus) routine I've been following for the past few months which has helped control excessive oil production to an extent. A few months back; in preparation for the summers, I was actually on the lookout for Lotus' TeaTree face wash, but that was out of stock and the SA showed me this instead. When I saw "Helps control pimples and acne" at the bottom of the bottle, I ignored the "All skin types" under that and thought it would work well for my oily skin.

Why I love it:
*  Who could not love something called a "Neemwash"? The very thought of washing your face with the goodness of neem.....
*  I actually hate everything to do with cloves - the smell, the taste, the look - and I was a bit apprehensive about the face wash smelling like cloves or something, but that's not the case. The cloves are pushed somewhere into the background where they quietly work to fight acne.
*  It cleanses really well, and leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean and oil free.
*  I love the fragrance <3 It's very herbal and refreshing.
*  I like the active neem slices. I don't know if they really contribute to anything much, but crushing them is fun :-P
*  I've read quite a few reviews of this product where people say this face wash is too drying and is only suitable for people with oily skin in the summers. Though I do have oily skin, I never found this face wash to strip my face entirely of all its moisture (in winters too). I think this face wash could work for all skin types.

Why I switched over to the TeaTree wash:
*  The main claim of the company is to fight acne. I didn't have an acne problem until the summers started, so I was using this face wash quite happily. But with the humid Mumbai temperatures reaching 40 degrees every single day of May, acne started blossoming all over my face and this face wash did nothing to help.
*  I didn't notice any particular reduction in marks/bruises etc (though I don't have a lot of glaring marks to begin with).
*  It contains parabens and SLS (but then so does the TeaTree wash).

My Verdict: 7.5/10

Will I repurchase it? Yes, I will, and I'll recommend it as well. It's a lovely daily face wash; just not suitable for the summers. If you can look past the fact that it fails on delivering its biggest claim (acne free skin) and the parabens + SLS; then you'll love this face wash too!

More Details:
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbdensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Dried Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Leaves, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, 2-Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben Sodium, Propyl Paraben.

1 comment:

  1. Neem extract has long been used for a variety of health-related purposes.In Ayurvedic medicine,
    neem xtract has long been used for a variety of health-related purposes.

    ReplyDelete

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )