Monday 24 March 2014

dulgon bodycare Almond Cream Bath: Review

March-April is an extremely stressful time for all those working in the finance department like me. And I find that the best way to relieve stress at the end of a tiring day is to take a nice long shower. A nice hot bath can wash away all of your exhaustion. And this cream bath has become my staple in the shower due to its very calming luxurious nature. It was gifted to me by relatives on their visit to India. This was purchased from Germany, so all the stuff on the bottle's written in Germany. 

What's on the bottle? Most of the writing is in German, so I can't read that. But it also says: With natural almond milk. Intensive care for dry skin. 

Price: I tried so hard to find the price online, but I just can't seem to find this particular cream bath. Not even on their site :( My first negative point. 


Quantity: 750 ml 

Ingredients: (Finally something I can read!!) Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Prunus Dulcs, Lac, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth 9, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate. 

I received this bottle a while back. As you can see, it's pretty huge. My second negative is that the huge bottle doesn't have a flip open cap or a pump dispenser. You have to take the huge cap off (which is in itself a bit of a task) and then struggle to ensure that half the bottle doesn't flow into your hands. This can be eliminated though by transferring small quantities into old shampoo bottles and the like. I used it for a while last summer, but I found it leaving an oily layer on the skin after use, so I had to stop using it. However, I pulled it out again in the winter, and I loved how it made me feel! The cream bath is exactly like a shampoo, in appearance and consistency. It lathers well, and smells very strongly of sweet almonds. The smell is very refreshing and gives you the feel that you're using a luxury product. It melts away all of my stress, and I get lost in the lovely relaxed feeling. The cream bath is pretty moisturizing; considering it left an oily layer on my skin when used in the summer. But in the winter, it wasn't moisturizing enough. While I didn't need to rush to apply moisturizer, I couldn't skip it either. So dry skinned beauties will definitely need to follow up with a moisturizer in the winters. 
















Hits: 
  • Delicious Fragrance 
  • Huge Quantity 
  • Gives you a luxurious relaxed feeling 
  • Works well for oily skinned beauties in the winters/dry skinned beauties in summer 
  • Contains natural almond milk and citric acid 

Misses: 
  • Availability!!!! 
  • Packaging is inconvenient and difficult to handle
  • No moisturizing enough 
  • Leaves behind an oily layer on skin when used by oily skinned beauties in summers 
  • Contains SLS

My Verdict: 7/10 (purely for the luxurious feel)

Will I repurchase it? If I manage to find it, sure. I recommend you try it out. If you're looking for something calming and relaxing you, this one is gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )