Friday 14 February 2014

Lotus Herbals Lemonpure Tumeric & Lemon Cleansing Milk Review

I bought this cleanser as part of my little mini-haul last week. Even though I wasn't really in need of a new cleanser, the Store Attendant was so convincing, and I didn't wanna let her down. Besides, who says we have to need something to buy it? ;) 

What Lotus Claims: This unique cleansing milk is ideal for deep cleansing & removing make-up. The astringent properties of Lemon lifts impurities from skin. Tumeric works as an antiseptic, maintains moisture level and preserves elasticity of skin. Takes 2 minutes to cleanse skin. For normal to dry skin. 

Price: Rs. 195 for 80 ml 

Shelf Life: 3 years 


Ingredients: Water, Triticum Vulgare (Wheatgerm Oil), Light Liquid Paraffin, Almond Oil, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon Peel) Extract, Vetiveria Zizanloides (Vetiver) Extract, Curcuma Longa (Wild Tumeric) Extract, Emulsifying Wax, Bees Wax, Glycerin, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Borax, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance. 

Wow. Truly an impressive list of ingredients. Which is expected, as Lotus products are supposed to be herbal. It's sad however to see parabens even in herbal products. 

The cleanser comes in a sturdy light yellow bottle with a cap and a nozzle to dispense the product. It's safe for travel, and there's very little chance of the product leaking. I didn't like the nozzle too much, it doesn't give proper control over the amount of product dispensed. I would have preferred the regular tiny hole in the cap, where pressing the bottle would release the amount of product needed. I felt this nozzle resulted in me using much more of the cleanser than I usually require, also leading to product wastage.


The cleanser too, like the bottle, is light yellow in colour. The fragrance is very pleasant and lingers a while after cleansing. If someone had packaged the fragrance in the form of a spray and had sold it to me as a perfume, I'd be happy to purchase it. Though the bottle says this cleanser is for normal to dry skin, it still worked well on my combination to oil skin (it is still pretty cold and winter-like though. Might not work so well in the summers). The consistency of the cleanser is like a lotion. It spread easily, and cleanses really well. Lotus lives up to its 2 minute claim, in fact, I took only slightly over a minute to get all my makeup off (moderate eye makeup, a lippie, foundation and blush. It might take longer for very heavy makeup). As opposed to the Lakmé Gentle & Soft Deep Pore Cleanser I reviewed earlier, and also a Himalaya Cleansing Milk I had used, this one does not burn the eyes at all. Not even slightly. This is important to me because I love using eye makeup, and if you don't have a good remover, that kajal or waterproof mascara could become a real pain to remove. It is safe to use on the eyes and lips, and takes off makeup in an instant! Waterproof makeup might take 2-3 rubs, but it's still pretty much effortless! The Shop Attendant assured me I could replace my face wash with this cleanser, but I prefer to wash my face with a face wash after using the cleanser for a cleaner feel.


















Another thing I think I should mention is that I noticed after a few times of using the cleanser that the product had separated a little. You know, how spoilt milk separates? I found that in addition to the pale yellow cleanser, there was also a darker yellow liquid, which was a little like oil in its consistency. It didn't affect the performance of the cleanser or anything apart from the appearance of the cleanser. But I don't know if it's normal. My bottle will expire in September 2016, so I'm not sure why it separated.

Let's Summarize: 
I loved: 
  • The sturdy packaging 
  • The gorgeous fragrance 
  • The affordability 
  • The natural ingredients 
  • The 2 minute cleansing factor 
  • The fact that it cleansed my eyes without burning 
  • It's effectiveness on waterproof makeup 
  • Its safeness to use on eyes and lips 
I could do without:
  • The parabens 
  • The nozzle which does not allow control on the amount of product dispensed leading to product wastage 
  • The separation of the product though the expiry date is ages away

My Verdict: 
9/10

Will I repurchase it? Till I find an affordable cleanser without parabens, this will be my go to cleanser. I recommend you give it a try; you may end up liking it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )