Friday 4 July 2014

Veet Hydro'Restor Hair Removal Cream for Sensitive Skin: Review

Rs. 95 for 60g

Shelf Life: 3 years

Veet - "Get touchably smooth & soft skin with New Veet Hair Removal Cream in only 5 minutes. Veet's New Formula contains Hydro'Restor ingredients that can help restore skin's hydration levels. Veet's NEW formula is designed to work close to the root of the hair. Therefore your hair takes noticeably longer to grow back and your skin stays smoother for longer. Specially designed for sensitive skin, its formula is enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to ensure maximum care for your skin. For best results, remove the cream with the perfect touch spatula which comes in this pack."


I've been a regular user of Fem's Hair Removal Cream, and I've been really happy with it. So when the store attendant told me that they didn't have Fem in stock, I went into full on panic mode. You can't show up to an Easter service (yes, this review has been pending since then!) without being properly shaved, can you? So I decided to go with Veet instead. I know going by the pretty actress on screen is a rookie mistake, but it's still so tempting to believe Katrina when she's caressing her legs like there's no tomorrow. It was available in 4 versions - For Normal Skin (with Lotus Milk - whatever is that? - and Jasmine); For Sensitive Skin (with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E); For Dry Skin (with Shea Butter and Lily) and Supreme Essence (with Beauty Oils and Velvet Rose Fragrance). Though the Beauty Oils were tempting, I hate the fragrance of roses (I know, I know!); so I purchased the Sensitive Skin one instead.

What's good about it?
  • It's got Aloe Vera and Vitamin E.
  • It works quickly (though not as quick as Fem).
  • The formula itself is slick and spreads very easily (no thanks to the spatula).
  • It's supposed to restore skin's hydration levels. I don't know if it did any of that, but my skin did not feel particularly dry after using it (not that it does otherwise).
  • My skin felt soft and smooth after use.
Why I'm sticking to Fem (and most definitely not experimenting with Veet again):
  • Even after leaving it on for the entire 10 minutes (the maximum time you can keep this variation on), it did not take off all the hair. About 35% of my hair was still left behind after I was done. And considering that after using it, you can't shave/use more cream again immediately to get the rest of the hair off; I was not impressed.
  • By the time the 10 minutes were up, the cream had become dry and was extremely difficult to take off.
  • The spatula attached certainly did not help. It was too curved to help in application as well.
  • Since I had to shave after using it, I really can't comment on how long it took for hair to grow back. 
  • I can't comment on skin darkening etc either as it lasted me 2 uses - Two pairs of arms, one pair of legs - and that's not enough to darken skin. 
My Verdict: 6/10
 
Will I repurchase it? Definitely not. It fails in its basic purpose of proper hair removal. I've got moisturizers for restoring hydration levels (and hey! new Fem hair removal packs have tiny Dabur moisturizers included free!). I'm sticking to Fem.
More Details:Ingredients: Aqua, Urea, Paraffin Liquidum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Thioglycolate, Calcium Hydroxide, Talc, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Magnesium Trisilicate, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sodium Gluconate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Acrylates Copolymer, Cl 77891.

2 comments:

  1. Enriched with natural extracts and our freshest smell, Veet Pure™ is now more gentle on your skin, leaving it smoother and fresher. Veet’s Pure™ Normal skin formula with no ammonia is enhanced with natural cucumber extracts that give you long-lasting smoothness.
    Buy Veet Cream In Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )