Saturday 26 July 2014

Review: Lakmé Eyeconic (Coloured) Kajals

  Rs. 250 for 0.35g


It's been ages since I did a Lakmé post. I scrolled back my last 10 posts and noticed there wasn't a single Lakmé post, so let's change that now. Lakmé came out with coloured kajals a while back, and every single beauty blog was flooded with swatches and looks featuring them. I was excited when I heard that Lakmé had come out with coloured kajals - but when I saw the swatches, I was slightly disappointed. They were rather dull and not as bright as I had imagined. When you say blue, I had envisioned a rather vivid blue (kinda like that Maybelline Turquoise kajal which I'll be reviewing soon), and not the midnight blue it turned out to be. What changed my mind? Kareena Kapoor did. While I was in Bangalore, I was in a mall which had life size pictures of Kareena using the kajals in various looks. And they were all so gorgeous!!! I bought 4 of the 5 shades that very day!



Lakmé - "Lasts for 13 hours. Is smudgeproof, waterproof and dermatologically tested."


Likes & Dislikes:
  • The colours are very wearable. Though they are rather dull for coloured kajals, the dullness means you can wear it anywhere - even to work. I think that's the biggest pro these kajals have going for them.
  • The rest of it is pretty much the same as the black eyeconic kajal. It lasts for 10 years when used as a liner. On my watery waterline however, all traces disappear in 1-2 hours.
  • It's not smudgeproof for all 10 hours. After about 4 hours, the edges start smudging a bit. Nothing unmanageable though. And pretty expected. I don't think you'll find many other kajals available for the price which don't smudge.
  • The blue kajal broke the very first time I tried to use it. But I suppose that also means that these kajals are soft.
  • The kajals are very pigmented. I never thought that there would be kajals in the market which weren't, but after a disastrous experience with Lotus, I realised otherwise.
  • The blue and green kajals are a bit similar when swatched side by side and seen from a distance. I would've preferred a little more differentiation in colour.
  • As always, Lakmé does not think it necessary to list its ingredients : \
Swatches: (L-R) Brown, Blue, Green, Grey

My Verdict: 7.5/10

Will I Repurchase? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )