Tuesday 13 May 2014

Manhattan Xtreme Last & Shine Lipstick - Shade 56V: Review

I'm not a lipstick person. I usually go heavy on the eyes and coat my lips with only gentle tinted lip balms. But on the rare occasion that I do pull out my lipsticks, I tend to go for subtle pinks, peaches or browns. Everyday colours. Like the one I'm reviewing. This lipstick was gifted to me by my cousin (who flies to Europe pretty often), and I've been in love with the shade ever since. 

A few things mentioned on Manhattan's site: 
  • All rounder with perfect colour application 
  • Ultra-long staying power and shimmery shine due to smooth consistency 
  • Dermatologically tested 
  • Available in 15 colours (though they've shown only 11 of the colours on their website)



Price: I'm actually not sure. I don't think Manhattan lipsticks are available in India (at least I've never come across them yet). Their site shows stores located only in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Spain. They're available in the UK as well. If you want to get your hands on them in India, online is your best option.
www.ebay.uk: 4.7GBP (approx Rs. 475).

Shelf Life: ??

Ingredients: ??

Why I love it:
  • It's a pretty everyday colour. You can easily wear it to work or even to the supermarket without it seeming over the top. And it's an easy colour to pull off. It makes your lips appear pretty and rosy ^_^
  • It doesn't dry out the lips unlike some other lipsticks I've used.
  • The pigmentation is pretty decent. Though it might be a task trying to get it to show up on extremely pigmented lips.
  • It's creamy enough (Read: doesn't melt in summers but doesn't tug on lips either).
  • It's easy to take off the lips.
  • It has a lipsticky smell. I remember the smell from when I'd rummage through my Mother's vanity as a child (without her knowledge of course). Some may not particularly like it but for me it brings back memories.

What could have been better:
  • The staying power. It lasts for about 2.5-3 hours with light munching. 
  • It may not dry out the lips, but it doesn't moisturize either. But then we have lip balms for that.
  • May not be a great pick for those with very dusky skin colour.
  • The lipstick case is completely black. The only way to identify the shade is from the base (or by actually opening it). Not a great idea.

My Verdict: 8/10
Why 8? I love the colour. Most of all, I love that I can use it absolutely anywhere. And I don't mind reapplying it. Even though the prices may vary online, most lipsticks available in India are close to Rs. 500 only. 

Will I repurchase it? If I come across it, absolutely. I do hope this brand launches in India. It seems to have decent products at reasonable prices, and I'm looking forward to trying some of their other products as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )